Wednesday 5 April 2017

2017 SUMMER WISHLIST

 
Spring is in full swing - the birds are singing, the sun is shining... simply divine. The warming weather is making me think of summer and what I would like to get to make my holiday trips easier and better. This year we are planning on traveling a little bit more so I have been searching the web for the next great things to purchase. I have put together my 2017 Summer Wishlist for you. I hope you are inspired as much as I am!

 


I have been on a look out for a new travel bag for a while now. Last year I had to throw my old one away - it served me well for 10 years but sadly its had its day. We have a few trips coming up and having a good size travel bag is something I have to have. Good quality leather bags are often quite expensive so when I stumbled upon the Columbus bag by MAHI LEATHER I knew I had found a winner.

Made to order in a day and delivered to your door in 5 days this bag comes to you priced at just £99.00 This strategy removes 'the middle man' and allows the company to offer its incredible bags and accessories 45% cheaper than its high street equivalents thus making them reasonable and affordable. Stylish, beautiful soft full-grain leather, sturdy brass fittings and signature Vintage Brown colour makes this bag the perfect companion for these weekend getaways we have booked. The extra room and inside pocket will stop me stressing about where my books and valuables will go. Because every bag is made to order you can have it embroidered with your initials or a meaningful phrase. I am thinking of taking advantage of the personalisation just to make my bag that extra bit special. (As if it wasn't special enough already!)
 
What I also love about MAHI that $1.50 from each bag sold is donated to their charity partner, 'Frank Water'. To date the company has raised over $7,000 providing clean water, for life, to people in India. This is such a worthy cause and I will be purchasing my bag knowing I am helping people in need. You can grab my favourite bag here.




I love dresses. I wear them all the time and one of my wish list items for this summer is this 50s inspired frock.

Isn't the flower detail simply gorgeous? So typical Joules, I love it!

You know this is one of my favourite UK brands. It is so vibrant, colourful and beautifully made. This piece is a perfect example of that. The fit and flare style and full circle skirt will make you want to dance all night at  these summer parties you have coming up. Or wear it to your next luncheon with the girls... Or to a hot date... You get my drift ;) I prefer natural materials and this dress is 100% cotton. Machine washable too makes it a winning item for me. Here is the link to the Amelie Fit and Flare Dress, priced at £79.95.
 
 





I have recently bought a new bikini for our beach holiday and now I am looking for a kaftan to go with it. I like taking long walks with my kids on the seafront and a kaftan is the perfect protection from the hot sun. Easy to put on and take off, this Jungle short kaftan by Riko by Coco is lovingly hand-made on the island of Ibiza.

Their range of beautiful beachwear captures the heart and essence of the island with its vibrant prints and wonderfully bright colours. The tussles and print make this piece fun and unique and you are bound to be noticed! If individuality is important to you, Riko by Coco is your brand. Here is the link to my favourite kaftan  available exclusively at John Lewis. Priced at £55 it is the perfect statement piece for your beach holiday this summer.



 
I have a lot of friends who keep talking about Seasalt. So when I finally decided to look them up online I understood why. The Sunny Cove sandals caught my eyes straight away.
 
Simple, yet beautiful, these Cornwall inspired soft leather flat sandals are perfect for the summer.
 
Pair them up with shorts or a dress and you have an outfit in no time. They come in choice of four colours, my favourite is coulis, pictured below.
 
Comfortable for an all day wear you will enjoy those walks with your loved ones on a hot summer day once again. The Sunny Cove sandals are a steal at just £29.95 and are bound to become a wardrobe staple.



 
This is my 2017 summer wish list, I hope you enjoyed reading. Do let me know what your summer wish list looks like in the comments.
 
XoXo
Desi
 

 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment