Thursday 11 February 2016

GYM WEEK 2-5

Hello hello !

My plan on blogging 3-4 times a week is not really working out - various commitments prevent me from spending much needed time for writing. But I am keeping to my gym routine! Yeah baby! It is hard, I am not going to lie but I think it is worth it. Going to the gym straight after drop off means I am home by 10:30 am and have plenty of time to get on with my day - cooking, cleaning, laundry.... you know what mum's life is like. After the gym I am tired but I am also more energised. I do not find the trip to the grocery store an inconvenience anymore, in fact I welcome the walk. I think my muscles see it as a light stretch following a whole hour of hard work. Lets face it, cross-trainer, running mill, the bike or whatever else you may be doing in the gym is hard work. Unless you are in a right state of mind exercising can be demoralising and difficult, impossible even. This time last year I was going to the gym 5-6 times  a week. I was not losing any weight, in fact I kept gaining. The personal trainers were clueless but my doctor had the answer - it was because of the meds I was on. I gave them up and some weight dropped off. After a gruelling diet in the summer I lost a lot of weight (yes, I promise, I will do a post on it soon) and now I use the gym to keep the weight off. You know me, I love baking and cooking and I like to eat. Exercising 3 times a week allows me to eat chocolate regularly alongside sausage rolls, biscotti or a slice of Apricot Almond cake .
From Monday I intend to swim at least twice a week. My husband lost a bunch of weight following a change of diet (I did that :) ) and swimming three times  a week. My body retains a lot of water so swimming should be a good way of getting rid of it. I was surprised to find out that what I thought was fat was actually water. And water is at least twice as hard to get rid of when compared to fat. I have upped my water intake to minimum of 2 litres a day (I was only drinking 1 l at best) - they say to easiest way to get rid of water in your body is to keep drinking it. So that's what I am doing and hopefully results will follow soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment