Wednesday 13 January 2016

QUICK AND TASTY WAFFLE RECIPE

My children love waffles.
They are a rare treat in our house as I tend to make them on a Sunday when both children have had an exceptionally good week. Almost 10 years ago when we got married we were given a waffle maker which we never used until about 6 months ago Whilst clearing the garage my husband stumbled across it so I decided that we have it so we might as well start using it. Lucky for me it came with instructions and the easiest recipe for waffles I have ever seen!
All you need is 3 simple ingredients and if you are anything like me you will have all 3 in your kitchen on any given day.
So here it goes:

Recipe (makes 7-8 waffles)

a pot of cream, around 284 ml (I use whipped, double works well too)
200gr plain flour
200ml cold water

Whip the cream until it starts to thicken and soft peaks form. Mix the flour and the water until you get a smooth mixture. Add the whipped cream to it and stir until the cream is well incorporated.
Cook the waffles as per your manufacturer's instructions.

It is as simple as that! The result is the most delicious crispy waffles which you can top up with anything you fancy. My son likes them with Nutella, my daughter prefers honey. Hubby is a jam eater and I finish mine off with some maple syrup.
They are truly gorgeous no matter what your topping. This quantity is enough for us 4 as a late breakfast on a Sunday.
Give them a try, I promise you will not be disspointed.

I would love to know how yours turned out:)

XoXo
Desi in the Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment