Wednesday 6 January 2016

NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS

Happy New Year everyone!

I hope you all enjoyed the festive season and spent your time exactly as you wanted!

The last 2 months have been amazing and I would like to thank you all for reading my blog.

I have just realised it has been pretty much a month since I last posted anything. As sad as this made me feel I am trying to look at it in a positive way. Yes, I haven't written in 4 weeks but I spent the holidays with my beautiful kids, my husband and my brother. It was a truly amazing time in Desi in the Kitchen's household. Loads of cooking, even more eating, church nativities,playing games, watching films, panto
.... exactly how we all wanted it to be.
When I started this blog back in November I had no clear idea/view how often I wanted to write/publish. I did not set any goals either - it is just a blog about my journey through life at the end of the day. Shortly before the kids holidays I made the decision that the Christmas holidays are my holiday too. So I took an active break from blogging, tweeting, Facebook.... It felt good, I am not going to lie to you. But it made me realize that I was missing it. I was missing writing, tweeting, Facebook updating... I kept snapping photos thinking about all the posts I will have to do once the kids went back to school. I kept rearranging all my dishes for that one great picture! Hubby thought I went a little bit crazy but he could also tell I was missing my writing. He offered me time to lock myself in the study and write whilst he was playing with the kids. I declined. You see, I wanted to play with my kids too :) On the 31st December I decided that I need to set goals for my blog. I hope sticking to them will ease the guilt when I need a break next time. I also hope that by setting goals I will be more productive and more efficient thus have some free time to do my other hobby - embroideries.
GOAL 1 : I will do my best to publish 3 times a week. 2 posts about cooking and 1 post about anything else. (Yes, I remember I promised to let you know how I got on with my night cream).
GOAL 2: Go to the gym at least 3 times a week, 1 time to be a class + 2 times swimming. Yes, we have renewed our membership. Hubby was kind enough to agree to it only if I promised to go regularly (i.e. 3 times a week). The swimming is just a little extra I am adding, to keep me motivated and to keep me going in my battle to keep the weight off.
GOAL 3: I am starting a new topic in my blog : KEEP FIT. I see it as a space where I can tell you all about my battle with post pregnancy weight, how I lost it and what I am doing to keep it off. Watch this space.
GOAL 4: Be happy and enjoy my life.

I am happy with my goals. What are your goals for 2016? I would love for you to tell me :)

XoXo
Desi in the Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment