Thursday 3 December 2015

POACHED EGGS OVER WHITE CHEESE

This Instagram picture attracted a few likes and a few new followers so I thought I would share a traditional Bulgarian recipe.

Feeds 1:
3 eggs, the fresher the better
Bulgarian soft white cheese/Greek salad cheese/Mozarella (or a combination) , around 100-150gr

Poach the eggs as you like them. Leave them on
some kitchen paper to absorb the excess water.
Crumble the cheese on another plate. I used Bulgarian white cheese and some mozzarella.
Transfer the eggs on top.
To make the sauce put a knob of butter in a frying pan with a touch of oil. The oil stops the butter from burning. Once the butter is melted add some (or quite a lot) of sweet paprika (or hot) and stir for about half a minute. Pour over the eggs and serve with some bread. Eat hot.

Bulgarians love this dish. It is so quick and easy to make. It is full of protein and is quite healthy. I avoid eating carbs in the evenings so I eat it without the bread. It is a very filling and rich meal. I love my poached eggs runny and once the yolk hits the buttery sauce... match made in heaven!

How do you like  your poached eggs? I can never get mine to be completely enclosed in the egg white and I have tried and tried and tried! Any tips welcome!

XoXo
Desi in the Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment